concept map- hist 4250 gh

This concept map shows my thought process of learning in History 4250: Gender and Health in History. I started off with the broad topic of “History 4250: Gender and Health in History”, then broke it up into more specific topics we discussed in class: Gender and Health, Embodied Citizenship, Defining and Contesting Illness, and Authority and Ideals. Then within these more specific topics of the course, I branched off into themes we discussed in each topic. All of these topics and these continued to branch off more and more and connect to one another. In the end, you can see that everything is practically connected to one another, thus making many aspects of history related in some way to one another. Many of the ideas on this concept map showcase the connections I was able to make in the course. An example of a connection between these many topics and themes is: the overall main topic of “History 4250: Gender and Health in History” can be linked to “Embodied Citizenship”, which can be further branched off to “Health in Schools”, then “‘Healthy Children'”, and finally “Hygiene” and “Health”. If you take a closer look at the concept map, more and more things are connected together, evidently showing that every part of history, no matter the topic or theme is connected in some way.